Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Road Trip part 3

We had so much fun in North Carolina that it was a lot more difficult convincing everyone to get back in the car for the four day drive home. The only bargaining chip I had was our visits with friends in Beaufort, SC, and Pensacola, FL. And still, I had no camera to document these visits.

Both families we visited were friends from college that continued on to the Marine Corps. It was funny to see how much our families had grown in the time since we'd last seen each other. We did our best to catch up with all the significant events of the last few years and spent some time laughing over old memories from days long past. It was wonderful and Ryan and I left feeling blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives.


There's nothing like old friends.

Can you tell that my girls want a dog?

When we left Pensacola, I remembered we'd eaten at a place in Mobile, AL, on one of our cross country trips 5 years ago. They had these batter dipped fried crab claws that were to die for. I didn't know the name of the place, but I knew it was right off the highway and near a bridge (Ha! How's that for details!). Surprisingly, when we got to the exit, I knew we were there and we drove right to it. The name of the place is Felix's Fish Camp and it's worth stopping for, even if you don't know where you're going.

No comments: