Tuesday, December 22, 2009

10

Will someone please tell me where the year 2009 went?

A new year is upon us and as I look back over my blog, I see I have neglected to blog about several things that we did in 2009. So here are the top ten things, in no particular order, I forgot to tell you last year.



#10

In February, I told you about an amazing trip we took to Vail, Colorado, with the Vail Veterans Program. Ryan was able to snowboard for the first time since his injury. What I didn't tell you is that we were invited back to attend their summer program in July. The summer program gave us the opportunity to go fly fishing, white water rafting, and horseback riding, in addition to just enjoying the beautiful mountains and connecting with other wounded service members and their families. Photographer John Moore captured some of the best images of the trip in this slideshow.

Yet again, Cheryl Jensen, founder of the Vail Veterans Program, managed to think of everything to make this trip challenging, inspiring, and empowering.




No amount of rain could ruin our day
when we're fly fishing on the Colorado River.


I managed to get a fish on the line,
but I couldn't bring him in. Maybe next time.


A trail ride with my sweetie before dinner is a nice way
to end a great day.


After just a few nights at the Yarmony Creek Ranch
we felt like we could stay forever.


Back in Vail, the view from the top of the mountain
is just as beautiful without all the snow.


Lots of happy faces after an unforgettable stay in Colorado.



We're even more excited to be going back to Vail for their winter program again at the end of January 2010. And this time it is a family program! Be watching for pictures of our little family tackling the slopes in Vail. And tune in tomorrow for #9 on the list of things not blogged about yet this year!

1 comment:

Teal said...

I was totally disappointed when I got to the end of #10 and found out I would have to wait for #9...you big tease!