Wednesday, October 15, 2008

San Antonio Children's Museum

Everyone in our family had the day off on Monday for Columbus Day, except Jaida.  She was none too pleased and sincerely hoped I would let her skip school that day.  I didn't.  But Maya and I had some fun while Daddy and Noah slept late and had some "guy time".  

Maya and I went to the San Antonio Children's Museum with her best friend Trey and his mommy.  We had a blast enjoying all the exhibits and spending time together.  We got there just after it opened and it was nice and quiet, but it got much more crowded by lunchtime.  So we walked across the street to have burgers at the Buckhorn Saloon.  By the time we headed home, everyone was ready for a nap!

Trey and Maya play with magnetic bolts in Da Vinci's Workshop.

The Bubble Room and Water Table were definitely favorites.

Maya and Trey took turns driving the Holt Front End Loader and dumping loads of gravel.

Milking a cow is hard work!

Maya shows off her pipe creation.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, you and Maya look identical in that picture! It's crazy. I'm with Jaida. You should have let her skip school Monday. If banks are closed, then schools should be closed, too. I considered ditching work, but I need the money. Poor Jaida!

John and Coleen said...

I can't get over how much Maya has grown since our visit. Trey and Maya look so cute together. Poor Jaida had to go to school, I would of let her take the day off. Nana's are like that.