Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back in the cockpit

Thanks to our friend Richard over at San Antonio Massage & Spa, Ryan had the opportunity to meet John Deer, owner of  San Antonio Helicopter Service.  John is a retired Army Chief Warrant Officer.  He served as a Huey pilot in Vietnam.  When he heard about Ryan he was very excited to give Ryan the opportunity to fly again for the first time since his injury.  Ryan took advantage of that opportunity on Sunday, March 29th.  It was a beautiful day and everything worked beautifully!  Eyes, ears, hands, feet....no problems.  This was an answer to many prayers!







Taking off for the first time in almost 2  years!

Back on the ground after a huge milestone,
 and ready to go right back up again!

4 comments:

JasonR said...

That's awesome Ryan. We are incredibly happy for you. It looks like you still have the touch.

I hope this is just the start to many, many more flights.

RoseAnn said...

Wow! That video gave me chills. Congratulations on a huge milestone!

barb said...

Ryan: You are such an inspiration. I know you will be up flying many more times. Congrats on such a milestone and I am sure there are more milestones to come. You and your family remain in prayers each and everyday.

Barb

Angie said...

Simply amazing! I am so proud of you, Ryan! I love that I have bragging rights to you, as a family member of mine! ;)