Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First trip to the ER

It was a quiet Tuesday morning.  Noah was the first one up, Maya was lingering in bed.  So I brought Noah down and fired up the griddle for some pancakes.  All was well.  Noah ate his pancakes and decided that he was DONE.  RIGHT.  NOW.  He firmly planted both feet on the kitchen table and pushed hard enough to rock backward in his high chair.  Well, moms and teachers tell you not to rock back in your chair for a reason.  Over he went and the screaming began.  I quickly unstrapped him and picked him up to find that he was bleeding from his head. 

It was no longer a quiet Tuesday morning and Maya was no longer allowed to linger in bed.  We headed in to the Emergency Room and after just a short 3 hours, Noah had two staples in the back of his noggin.  So....this is how it's going to be.  When Jaida was 2-years-old, I made at least 3 trips to the ER for bleeding head wounds.  Maya....never (or should I say, not yet).  And now Noah, not even 2 and it's already begun.  Why do I feel like this isn't going to be my last trip?

Ouch!


Just like Daddy, he looks quite cute in his gauze turban.

2 comments:

Teal said...

I'm sorry if this is sick, but Noah looks so freakin' cute with that head bandage. Especially the last picture where he's looking back.

Angie said...

I completely agree with Teal. He is absolutely adorable. I don't care how hot it is in San Antonio in July. He is getting a beanie from Aunt Angie for his birthday. So cute!