Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking good

We went in to see Ryan's surgeon today and they are very happy with how things are coming along.  It's so hard for me to tell with all the swelling and crustiness, but the doc says it looks good, so I guess it looks good.  They took down his wound vacs, so that makes getting around a lot easier.  His left shoulder is just all stitched up, but his right shoulder has a meshed split thickness skin graft stapled to it.  That is the first time I've seen such a graft so soon after surgery, and certainly the first time I've been responsible for caring for it.  CRAZY!  But the doctors trust me, so I guess I shouldn't worry.  Ryan doesn't seem too nervous either.  They left the staples in the xeroform on the donor site on his thigh, but they will take those off on Monday when they take down the bolster on his upper lip.  Ryan is still feeling pretty good with all his body has been through these last few weeks.  And even though it's hard for me to imagine right now, he's already talking about when to graft his eyelids, de-bulk his ears, and do any necessary touch ups.  Probably not real soon.

No comments: